Monday, August 05, 2002

i have obtained the habit over the last fifteen years or so of starting and not finishing quite a number of personal journals. i have the best of intentions at the beginning, but... i suppose this way, there's less paper wasted. anyway, after the fifth or sixth stalled attempt i began to refer to the accumulation of partially filled journals as "the books of david". thus the title of this page. no, my name is not david. at least it isn't my first name. i just have an affinity for the name. it tends to resurface in my life constantly. it's my middle name, and the name i sign my artwork, my former cat's name, my son's middlename, and the name of my favorite piece of artwork. anyway, that sort of explains the name. as for the format...i love art in all it's aspects. with this journal i'll be exposing myself in the company of my favorite artists, visual, musical, and literary. i'll show some of my own art ( for viewing only- please don't steal or copy without my permission), and the art, music, and words that inspire me. okay, enough of the spiritually uplifting explanations- on with the fun and the bitching....

No comments: