Monday, September 26, 2005

catch-up!

this has been a busy couple of weeks...
last week was fun- jason had to rush me to the hospital wednesday in the early a.m. for a kidney stone. i learned that kidney stones hurt so much that i don't mind being almost naked in a hospital or that my trucker mouth can be offensive to others nearby... it has solidified my hatred for my boss, who i am glad had to come in to replace me at 6a.m. that morning. i also used it as a valid excuse to leave work on friday after about an hour to take advantage of a 4 day weekend. why? screw 'em all that's why...
the week before was fun- my sister called me in hysterics ( she is not the sister that gets hysterical- EVER.) to tell me that her seventeen year old daughter, my neice, is pregnant. yes, she is a senior in high school and the father-to-be is a junior. they are all handling it pretty well considering they are not a planned parenthood kind of family. for a group of somewhat old fashioned, irish catholics- they are doing surprisingly well. how she managed to get to 6 months without telling anyone is a one of many bad signs. it is all in all an obviously worst case scenerio of bad judgement, but they will all find a way to pull through and raise a happy child.

No comments: