Sunday, July 13, 2003

so jason says the most amazing thing to me last night," let's just stop being so dramatic and have a good time while we are together." it was just what i needed to hear. i have been so wrapped up in my own head again lately- taking myself way too seriously. then we went online and had fun screwing with desperate people in chat rooms. if anything will show you how other people take themselves too seriously, try to have fun with complete strangers. not all are so receptive. when then proceeded to watch the saddest movie ever made, dancer in the dark. bjork is so brilliant. i sob like a baby through the whole movie every time i watch it, and the ending is just so gut wrenching. it burns itself onto your brain, and won't go away. this film should be shown to anyone for capital punishment as a deterrent. bjork is such a phenomenon of nature to me. i can't believe we are going to see her next month. there is no sound in this world that i know that shakes me to the core like bjork's voice. jason is awesome. he also made the best mix cd for me the other day- two of them actually. that's a big deal to me. someone who loves music as much as i do, and shares it with me. i remember singing along to bjork for years with an idea of my perfect mate in mind, " i miss you, but i haven't met you yet..." i think i was singing about jason. i hope i can make his birthday as wonderful as he made mine. i have had so many "firsts" with jason. i thought i had done it all. i guess i was wrong. i think it's that way for both of us.

No comments: